We are almost there!
Thanks to the many in our community who have volunteered significant time and funds resulting in improvements to our Orrington Historical Society’s (OHS) building and grounds over the past six years. To date, approximately $195,000 has been raised, plus tens of thousands of dollars worth of in-kind
contributions of materials, expertise and labor. Because of these generous contributions, the OHS is pleased to announce the Family Phase of fundraising is complete and we are now launching our final Public Phase financial appeal!
To take us over the top, $75,000 is needed to complete the projects below that will meet the needs of our community and support the OHS’s mission:
• Water purification system for the new ADA restroom & kitchen
• A new Main Hall heat pump system along with weather-tight, energy efficient window panels in all areas
• Complete the valuable records storage room above new archival addition
• Finish the vintage kitchen, dining room & utilities area work to allow community activities
• Resurface and install drainage in the parking area
• Relocate the Fairgrounds Building to the Dow Road campus to house our many large historic artifacts
• Build the outdoor amphitheater for weddings, theater productions, musical events and more
• Develop programming for children and families focused on the history of Orrington’s rural life.
This final phase needs financial support of $75,000. We have received a generous $20,000 match donation to get us started! Won’t you please consider a contribution today? And please share this message with all your family, friends and co-workers. Every little bit helps! You can help us blow our fundraising through the roof!
Please send donations to:
Orrington Historical Society
P.O. Box 94
Orrington, ME 04474
or donate securely online at www.GiveSendGo.com/OHS